Call for papers:
Technology Education: Across the Boundaries
Technology, design, and STEM across the boundaries of:
- Early years to year 12 learner development
- Early Childhood, Primary, Secondary, industry training, and university
- Research and practice
- Science, Engineering, Art, Maths, Music, language development, Performing Arts, Philosophy, Cognitive sciences and more.
We seek participants (whether presenters or engaged delegates) who want to share and test ideas at the DATTArc2020 Research Conference for how Technology and Design Education facilitates and leads cross-curriculum learning and development: how the field is best taught to foster capabilities in applied synthesis through creative and developmentally informed strategies.
We also seek papers that highlight one or more of the follwing research priorities:
1. Developmental Research in Technology Education: early years to year 12/13
- Cognitive, social and psychomotor learning development with respect to understanding various aspect of Technology Education generally and uniquely within genres of technology.
2. Pedagogy Research in Technology Education
- Effective teaching and learning strategies, including formative learning diagnosis and summative learning evaluations (assessments). This includes experiential education research, group learning, and online learning. It includes assistive teaching technology (educational technology and ICT) and the role of the learning or living-lab environment such as the Reggio Emilia qualities of the Technology and Design learning environment.
3. Epistemology Research in Technology Education
- Research on the phenomenology of technology, the form of our field of knowledge: sub-disciplines otherwise known as technacy genres such as digital technology, the technological sciences such as fields of engineering, wood technology, food technology, textiles technology or ceramics technology and so on.
- Contexts of technologies such as Indigenous Technologies, habitat and technology research, technology choice and climate science education, Technologies and society research, and so Technologies education and (any other field).
4. Comparative Research in Technology Education
- Cross-cultural Technology Education Research, Technology and culture research, gender and technology education research.
5. Historical, Theoretical, Ethical and Philosophical Research in Technology Education
- What ought we be teaching, learning and valuing? How ought we understand our history and use it to build a long evolving arch for the depth of our field of learning?
6. Institutional, Political, Policy and Economic Research in Technology Education
- Trends in technology education (teachers, students, academics), institutional perceptions, the economics of technology education. Technology education in national policies and its rhetoric (discourse analysis).
A Two column format system will be used and a Word.doc template with styles provided.
Submission will be in one submission process to cover two parts of the artcile:
Part one in the web online fields: register the authors, their affiliations, contact emails, Paper Titles and paer Abstract
Part two (upload file(s)): upload the word.doc(x) file(s) deidentified. Upload supplementary files, such as each image and table, separately in addition to them in the main word.doc file. READ the image size limits in the TYPE upload guide.
Start here to submit a paper to this conference.
STEP ONE OF THE SUBMISSION PROCESS
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.