The ‘Cyber Castle Challenge’ from Questacon is a learning experience built in Minecraft: Education Edition for students aged 8 to 13 all across Australia. It aims to teach cyber security and the new Digital Technologies curriculum through 4 seasons of gameplay. We are supporting the game with a full suite of supporting resources (teacher resource, student playbook, videos with professionals in the cyber security industry) to help teachers deliver this in their own classroom. It is completely free and open for anyone to access.
The challenge is designed for classrooms and community groups and will be available from Term 4, October 2022. Registrations are open now for educators and group leaders. Gain access to our full suite of supporting resources to help you deliver this program in your classroom. This includes:
- a teacher resource with lesson plans
- a student playbook linking game play to learning outcomes
- videos showcasing the careers of diverse cyber security professionals
- other exciting opportunities such as virtual and face-to-face professional learning sessions.
The 4 seasons (or levels) of the Cyber Castle Challenge are recommended to be played over 4 school weeks. Each season features 30 minutes of pre-game activities, one hour of game play and 30 minutes of post-game activities.
Things to know
- Suitable for ages 8 to 13 in classrooms and community groups.
- Made for teams of up to 4 players.
- Register for free to gain access to our full suite of supporting resources.
- Available online from Term 4, October 2022.
- Find out more about the Questacon Cyber program.
- Any questions? Contact us at email@example.com